Poker is one of the most popular games anywhere in the world! Now that it is available online, more and more players are looking for ways on how to play like a pro and win big time! With the use of your gadgets like your phones, your tablets, or laptops and personal computers, poker is now easily accessible anytime, anywhere!
But how can you possibly win?
Knowing the basics of poker is important. As soon as you have that knowledge, it is time to know all about “betting.” This is by far one of the most important learning process that you have to go through if you want to be good at poker. When betting, there are also certain rules that you have to follow and you need to know each one of these no matter how basic they may seem. Neglecting the importance of knowing about gaming rules is one of the most common mistakes, especially with beginners.
Learning How To Bet
We all know that Poker is a gambling game and in most games, you must “ante” something for you to get dealt cards. Then the players bet into the pot in the middle and at the end of the hand, the highest hand wins the pot. When the betting gets around to you, then you have three choices – Call, Raise, and Fold.
- Call. If you choose to call, then you should bet enough to match what has been bet since your last bet.
- Raise. With raise, your first bet an amount enough to match what has been bet since your last, then you ‘raise’ the bet to a higher amount.
- When you want to fold, you drop out of the current hand but there is no need for you to put any money into the pot.
This betting cycle will continue until everyone calls or folds after a raise or an initial bet is done.
Playing TIPS For Beginners
Betting real money can be scary sometimes which is why before you do this, there are some things that you need to learn for you to become a good poker player. Learning what needs to be learned sets you on the right track to win bigtime. If real money is involved, having fun should not be the only goal in mind. Remember that you are investing time and money so winning should always be part of your goal.
- Never Bluff If You Don’t Know How! Bluffing to win isn’t generally very effective for others, particularly if you are a beginner. Bluffing will not always ensure your winning streak. Better play your cards right instead of trying to bluff. Of course, you can try a few bluffs but the real art of bluffing like a pro should be taken into consideration.
- Keep Your Eyes On The Cards. Focus is very important if you are playing poker which is why the lesser distractions you have, you will have fewer worries about the people around you. Playing online gives you the advantage to focus on the game without getting distracted. Whether you are in the hand or not, concentrate on the game and learn how your opponents play.
Learning the poker game rules is one of the most critical things that you need to learn before you even start playing online poker. Cara main poker or how to play poker should be given more attention because beginners commit these errors unconsciously. Remember that the lesser mistakes you make, the more chances of winning. For you to be better, familiarize with the rules of the game first.